Friday, August 17, 2012

Introducing Poetry Friday!

Friday will be the day that I devote to highlighting poetry books, poetry websites, student poems, teacher's poetry activities, ways to present and share poetry, poet spotlights, and anything else that has to do with poetry!

The upcoming school year will begin my fifth year of conducting "Poetry Breaks!"(wow!  I can't believe it has been five years already!) with students at Calvin Coolidge elementary school.   "Poetry Breaks!" are an excellent way to share poetry with children.  To read more about the specifics of "Poetry Breaks!" check out my poetry virtual library at Pocketful of Poems.

I am always on the lookout for anything and everything to do with poetry!  This summer I have been pouring over my piles of poetry books in search of just the right poems to share with students and teachers.  I have many tried and true favorites but I also love to find new gems to add to my "Poetry Breaks!"  

Here is one of my favorite poetry resources!


Poetry break book a video by Amy Merrill1 on Flickr.

For lots of poetry treats, check out this week's host of Poetry Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment