Friday, August 3, 2012

Book Break Essentials: A Great Bag

The first and most essential ingredient for a Book Break is, of course booksSince I travel from classroom to classroom, it is also essential that I have a sturdy and attractive bag to tote my books around.  As an educator, I believe it is in my genes to search for and collect fun and unique bags and totes!  For Book Break, I decided to use an old favorite: a Mary Engelbreit print, "Books Fall Open, You Fall In!"  Although this certainly served its purpose of holding new and old books, it is time for a change!  



I am so very excited to start filling my brand new Book Break Bag with lots of treasured tomes (although I have to confess, I have already been using it on my trips to the public library!)!  This beauty was presented to me at the end of the school year by my first-ever Book Break Buddies - Mrs. Anastos and her  fabulous, first-grade students!  What an amazingly awesome gift!  Besides sporting two of my most favorite characters (Mo Willems' Gerald and Piggie), it is extra roomy (as Mrs. Anastos pointed out, it will hold MORE books!)!  I am already loading it with my first Book Break goodies for September!  



A great big THANK YOU to Mrs. A. and her students!!!  Books ARE a Big Deal!

If you love this bag as much as I do and wonder where Tricia found this treasure, check out this website:  wonder-shirts.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment