Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Book Break Musings

For the last several days I have been pondering a variety of post possibilities.  Actually, I have been considering them for months - even prior to the blog's creation!  The ideas have been swirling around in my head, causing me to not post anything until I had it all figured out.  I then decided that it would be best to simply begin by sharing my thoughts on all of the possibilities.  The following are some thoughts on possible topics and formats for Book Breaks! 

* "Mother Goose Mondays" - 
 a journey into the wonderfully, wide world of nursery rhyme books and more!

 * "Poetry Fridays"
a great way to share fabulous poetry anthologies, collections, websites, student writing, and teacher writing as well as a way to feature the work of individual published poets.

* "The Reading Expotition" (spoken like a true A.A. Milne fan) -
 weekend musings about perfect places to take a Book Break!

The following are other possible topics:

* author interviews
* author spotlight/showcase
* character spotlight/showcase
* author birthday celebrations
* book birthdays (the celebration of newly published books)
* incredible information books
* middle grade must-reads
* picture book pondering

Please leave a comment or send me a message letting me know if you have any other thoughts on  what you'd like to read about children's books and their authors.

Until next time . . . make sure to take a Break and READ a great Book! 



1 comment:

  1. It's so wonderful to find you in here, Amy! I took a book break this morning...crawled right back into the covers and snuggled with THE HELP. It's fun to see your bag, and I think that your blog plans look great. There's a nursery rhyme book I want to share with you...but I must remember the title! Welcome to the Kidlitosphere! xo, a.

    ReplyDelete