Sunday, March 13, 2016

#IMWAYR ~ Reading/Listening ~ The Best Medicine

What an amazing week I've had!  It culminated in a relaxing weekend, with beautiful spring-like weather, walks with my dogs, reading, reflecting, writing, bookstore browsing, doing yoga, and of course, spending time with family.  

Last week I missed posting for #IMWAYR because I was recovering from a sinus infection.  I came home from school and a visit to my doctor last Thursday and headed to bed.  So, the next day was a sick day, spent in bed.  The day was spent napping.  When I wasn't dozing, I was lost in the world of story ~ listening to audio books.  My sick day reading/listening took me into the weekend and provided some of the best medicine.  Here are the books that kept me company  . . .

 
This book is truly AMAZING!  It has touched my heart in more ways than I can even say.  It is truly a book that has had personal connections for me.  I plan to write more about the impact that this middle grade novel has had on me.  It is a real life changer.  

 
This is a fun early chapter book that so many of my students adore.    I wish books like this and characters like the Princess in Black were around when I was first venturing into reading chapter books. 


This book was silly and heart-warming.  It is the perfect "next read" for Mercy Watson fans!  And it is also a step up in the beginning world of chapter book reading. 

I had to read a picture book, too and I hadn't ever taken the time to read this sweet book. 


I am now anxiously awaiting the publication of the second book, The Unbreakable Code!  I loved so many things about this book.  It will be so much fun to booktalk and recommend this title.  There are so many fun things about it ~ mystery, books, adventure, friendship, and I am traveling to California this summer and hoping to get to San Fransisco! 


Make sure you check out everyone's post for #IMWAYR!  I know I always add books to my "to read" list on GoodReads and/or in one of notebooks.  Happy Reading!

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA! 

Jen Vincent of Teach Mentor Texts  and Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, help share and spread book-love, by hosting this fun meme.  Check out their blogs for links to others who enjoy celebrating their reading weeks.  


1 comment:

  1. Love Princess in Black and The Book Scavenger! Great fun! San Francisco is a great, walkable city.

    ReplyDelete