Sunday, May 7, 2017

Children's Book Week 2017

Every week in my library is a celebration of children's books, storytelling, artwork, and of course Poetry!  But this past week I shared with students and staff the wonderful celebration that began in 1919. We admired Christian Robinson's poster that he created for this year's celebration and discussed the theme: "One World, Many Stories". We had guest readers share their favorite books and talk about special memories surrounding their favorite books. I read various favorite books of mine and read aloud some lovely poetry. 

I love to Booktalk and promote reading in lots of different and fun ways. This week I decided to match my wardrobe to different books. 

Here are some of my book-inspired outfits from this week.















  














Happy Children's Book Week and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment