Monday, February 29, 2016

#sol16 ~ A Lunch Time Reading Ritual



Two Writing Teachers hosts the Slice of Life Stories.  Please visit their blog to read the roundup of stories. 

Slice of Life Story ~ #sol16
A Lunch Time Reading Ritual

One of my favorite times of the day (during the work week, that is), is lunch time.  I know, I know, I sound like a kid!  But, there is really something to that statement.  No matter what our age, we all need a bit of time in our day for relaxation and rejuvenation.  The reason I say that lunch is one of my favorite times of day is because it is a time when I can leave school (I live just around the corner from my school) to go home to eat my lunch in quiet, uninterrupted peacefulness.  It is also a time when I can read for a good 40 minutes.  I usually choose to read a longer novel that I can spread out over a period of time.  

My lunchtime reading has become a snippet of the day that I love.  It is time for me.  I allow myself time to sit down and eat my lunch and read for pleasure.  I look forward to getting lost in the world of my book.  It's an opportunity for me to check in with the characters and how they're making progress in whatever situation they are dealing with.  It's like having lunch with my friends ~ we chat, check in with each other, and fill each other in on our lives.  




No comments:

Post a Comment