Friday, March 1, 2019

Rebuilding



Today I'm sharing a poem that I finally wrote. It's been rattling around in my head for some time. Watching kids sssenble a puzzle that had a piece missing and looking at a single word that I had scribbled on a sticky note, led to this poem.

Rebuilding

Pieces scattered
on the floor
It takes time.
to gather them
I try to fit them
as they once were
But they won't fit
as they did before
I try
and try again
fitting pieces
together -
differently this time
but it works
The landscape
is the same
yet different
A piece is missing
gone forever. . .
But still
I was able to
Rebuild.

Head on over to the Poetry Friday Celebration that is being hosted at Teacher Dance.




7 comments:

  1. Beautiful,Amy! I
    Almost couldn’t make it through with out some tears. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, it's a puzzle, how things change, how we lose some control. You've shown that elusive part of life beautifully, Amy. I'm glad you found a way to write it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. Glad it ended on a hopeful note.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. Sometimes rebuilding hurts, and we mourn the missing pieces. Sometimes rebuilding is fun, and we get to toss things that brought us misery. Sometimes it's both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poem applies to so many tasks we try to accomplish. I enjoyed the hopeful tone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Puzzle pieces definitely are part of a problem solving task. The poet’s practice is also a task of building.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your puzzle poem is very true for words being pieced together in a poem, too. Well done you, you for finishing it - and sharing!

    ReplyDelete